Monday, May 23, 2011

Back to January

Hi there! 

I thought I would explain a little more about why I decided to count all the books I read in 2011.
In December of 2010 I was sitting at home reading a book, (I can't even remember what book). 
and I thought to myself "I wonder how many books I have read this year?" I couldn't even remember what I had read the month before.  I started to wonder how many books I had read in 2010, I still can't remember.
So I decided that in 2011 I would count every book I read.  On January 1, 2011 I started reading Blessed Child by Ted Dekker. When I finished it I began a journal where I number and write my thoughts about every book I read. So far I have 71 entries in my little book journal.
 I was talking to my Dad about it sometime in January and he suggested that I write a note on Facebook for every book I read. I thought to myself that I would most likely just annoy all my friends because of all the new notes I would be writing.  So I just kind of put that thought on the back burner. 
My Dad kept encouraging me to write a note on face book or start a blog. 
I didn't really know if I even wanted to start writing a blog, because I didn't really know what to say about the books I read.  I wasn't even sure if people would want to read it, and once again just pushed aside the idea. 

One day in this month I was talking to my Dad about what the count was up to, and he said "I still think you should write a blog, I think people would enjoy reading it."  I finally agreed, and asked my Mom to show me how to blog.  Later that day we all sat around brainstorming about what to name my blog. Thanks to Holly we came up with The Random Reads of a Brown Girl. So here I am! 
Now when you see a number beside a book review you'll know why that number is there.
Thank you Daddy for encouraging me to do this and thanks to you Mommy for showing me how. I Love you both! 

Happy Reading!! <3

1 comment:

  1. You go, girl!! You know there is a market for book critics. Someday we might say that we knew you when you started! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete