Monday, May 30, 2011

Authors

Hey Guys! 

I'm in the middle of a book right now that is taking me forever to read, so I thought I would write about authors. 
Whenever I find an author I like I try and get as many of their books as possible, but sometimes some of their books aren't as good as the first book you read by them.  I have this problem a lot of times. 
Lets say you are in love with Kiss by Ted Dekker, but you think The Bone Man's Daughter by Ted Dekker is the worst book ever, So you think, "I bet all of his other books will be like this".
From what I have learned, most authors have that one book that you don't like. There are many reasons you might not like that one book, Maybe it is the setting or that it didn't seem to flow well, and maybe it just seemed boring.... So you should give it another chance and read a different book by that same author.
Never judge a book by its author.

 This might be just me, but I like to look up the author before I start reading the book, or go to Amazon.com and read the book reviews.  I know it helps me decide if I want to read the book or not. 
  Anyway, The point of this post is to help you find authors that have lots of good books that I think you will enjoy.
I have a list of some of my favorite authors here on my blog.  If you haven't already read it, it is on the right side of the screen under my bookshelf.  I would love to hear from you about authors that you would recommend.  Hope I helped you out a little. 

Happy Reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment